March 10, 2012

a cheesy anniversary post

two years ago today i woke up to the sound of waves crashing and the smell of the ocean. my room was on the top floor of the house we were staying in. it was just my room and the rooftop that later, we would dance away the night on top of. from the second i woke up the day felt magical. my mom came up and talked to me while my dad snapped some photos, someone brought me some cheerios and then i started to get ready. as the morning went on i could hear things start to pick up downstairs. i love the sounds of a full house. all morning heads would pop in through the doorway to sneak a peek at the bride. i felt incredible.
jeff and i decided to keep it traditional. we didn't see or talk to each other at all that morning. my dad told me we needed to leave so i threw on a skirt and sweater and rushed out the door. the temple was about a thirty minute drive from where we were staying. half way into it my stomach flipped. i was insanely nervous. if you know me very well you know what happens when i get nervous... haha. the last fifteen minutes seemed to take forever. as we approached the temple i screamed at my dad to drop me off and go park so that i could get in there.

he pulled over and i scrambled out of the car. i took a deep breath of the fresh morning air as i let the california sun beat on my face. i looked up towards the temple and in that moment everything stopped. there he was, my confidant, my lover, my best friend and soon to be husband. there he was, white shirt and tie, waiting for ME! every little part of me was overcome with peace. i was exactly where i was supposed to be with exactly who i was supposed to be with. i've never known anything with such a surety as i knew that, right then and there. i raced up the stairs and into his arms, and then we stepped into the temple to promise forever.
best two years of my life.
i love you, jeffrey. 

9 comments:

kylee said...

katrina, i loved this post. i love how simple and pure your love for each other is. i love how calmed you were by his presence and the view of the temple. happy anniversary!

ayley said...

this is so very wonderful. just... what else can i say? amazing.

Anna said...

This is so wonderful. And I am so happy for you two and the fantastic family that you guys have created.

kellichristinecase said...

awe this is so precious.

Ashley said...

Woah totally made me cry...

carla thorup said...

you guys looked bangin' that day :) excellent love post and congrats

Anonymous said...

this makes me want to cry.

so beautiful.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

beautiful :)

Haylee said...

Happy 2 year Anniversary! Reading this makes me really excited to get married someday. :) haha, and by the way, your wedding dress is amazing!!